Health, Safety, Environment, and Training Committee (HSET)
The Health, Safety, Environment, and Training (HSET) committee was
established in 2008 as a subcommittee of APICOM. It consists of
representatives from spill response organizations across North America.
The HSET committee exists to facilitate the exchange of information
and resources to promote a safe and healthy work environment, support
response readiness, and encourage continual improvement in response
- Establish a professional network of HSE personnel
- Maintain lines of communication between members of the committee
- Share information and resources between committee members to include:
- Policies, procedures, and forms
- Regulatory changes
- Lessons learned from responses, exercises, or incidents
- New HSE technologies or techniques
- HSE requirements specific to member companies
The APICOM HSET committee holds four (4) conference calls and a
meeting/work session annually.
Not a HSET Committee member but would like to be a part of our group?
Contact your General Manager to be added to the committee.
Current Committee Members
- Edmund Soong - Chair, Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
- Carl Boelter, - Co-chair, Clean Rivers Associates
- Chris Burns, - Secretary, Alaska Chadux Corporation
- Eben McWilliams, Alaska Clean Seas
- Randall Pitman, Alaska Clean Seas
- Brett Curole, Clean Gulf Associates
- Carl Boelter, Clean Rivers Cooperative Inc
- Montrell Haldeman, Delaware Bay and River Cooperative
- Josée Bedard, Eastern Canada Response Corporation
- Stuart Larson, Marine Spill Response Corporation
- Chris Muzzy, Marine Spill Response Corporation
- Jeff Schultz, Southeast Alaska Petroleum Response Organization
- Filipe Olas, Oil Spill Response Ltd
- Dan Baeten, Cook Inlet Spill Prevention and Response, Inc.
Current Projects and Topics
- Drone Safety
- Site Assessment Safety App
- Site Specific Safety and Health Plan
- July 22, 2020 - Monthly Pandemic Call (Contact Edmund Soong for access)