Health, Safety, Environment, and Training Committee (HSET)
The Health, Safety, Environment, and Training (HSET) committee was
established in 2008 as a subcommittee of APICOM. It consists of
representatives from spill response organizations across North America.
The HSET committee exists to facilitate the exchange of information
and resources to promote a safe and healthy work environment, support
response readiness, and encourage continual improvement in response
- Establish a professional network of HSE personnel
- Maintain lines of communication between members of the committee
- Share information and resources between committee members to include:
- Policies, procedures, and forms
- Regulatory changes
- Lessons learned from responses, exercises, or incidents
- New HSE technologies or techniques
- HSE requirements specific to member companies
- Best practices
The APICOM HSET committee holds four (4) conference calls and a
meeting/work session annually.
Not a HSET Committee member but would like to be a part of our group?
Contact your General Manager to be added to the committee.
Current Committee Members
- Vacant, Alaska Chadux Network
- Carl Boelter - Co-chair, Clean Rivers Associates
- Eben McWilliams, Chairman, Alaska Clean Seas
- Dan Baeten, Cook Inlet Spill Prevention and Response, Inc.
- Bret Curole, Clean Gulf Associates
- John Carlin, Delaware Bay and River Cooperative
- Darin Connors, Eastern Canada Response Corporation
- Stuart Larson, Marine Spill Response Corporation
- Filipe Olas, Oil Spill Response Ltd
- Jeff Schultz, Southeast Alaska Petroleum Response Organization
- Gord Anderson, Western Canada Marine Response Corporation
Current Projects and Topics
- Drone Safety
- Site Assessment Safety App
- Site Specific Safety and Health Plan
- Mar. 15-17, 2022 - HSET Conference, ORSL Hosting, Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.